Bikes Corp has implemented MSCRM 3.0 in order to ensure profitable customer relationships and happy customers. Bikes Corp. sells all kind of bikes to institutional buyers like government, schools etc. Charlie is the owner of the business. Kevin is the sales manager and
Business Process à
Bikes Corp has implemented the following sales process:
Step1 à Assign all bigger than 5 million dollars opportunities to Kevin and all remaining opportunities to
Step2 à Automatically apply the following sales methodology to each new opportunity:
First Stage: The owner of the opportunity makes a phone call to the customer to gather requirements and buying intent. At this time probability of sale is expected to be 25%. All activities for first stage need to be completed within 2 days.
Middle Stage: The owner of the opportunity submits an RFP to the customer. At this time the probability of sales is expected to be 50%. All activities for middle stage need to be completed within 5 days.
Final Stage: The owner of the opportunity closes the deal. At this time the probability of sale is expected to be 75%. All activities for final stage need to be completed within 5 days.
It should be noted that the opportunity might be lost in middle of any of the sales stages specified above. In that case, the salesperson closes the opportunity as lost. That pushes the opportunity out of sales pipeline.
Step 3 à Notify the opportunity owner each time a new opportunity is assigned to them.
Step 4 à Notify the task owner each time a new task related to the opportunity is assigned to them.
Step 5 à Charlie wants to ensure that things happen on time and owner’s manager is notified each time an activity is not completed by due date.
Workflow Configuration à
Please download the salesprocess_v1.zip file. Unzip it on your machine and follow the instructions in readme.txt.
Ensure that the following workflows are activated:
- Step 1 à Opportunity Assignment (opportunity entity, workflow rule)
- Step 2 à Sales Methodology (opportunity entity, sales process)
- Step 3 à Assignment Notification (opportunity entity, workflow rule)
- Step 4 à Task Assignment Notification (task entity, workflow rule)
- Step 5 à Incomplete Task Escalation (task entity, workflow rule)
Process Visibility à
MSCRM 3.0 UI makes the sales process related information available to people in the following manner:
Status of an opportunity à
Click “Sales” on main menu and select “Opportunities” in left navigation pane. A list of opportunities shows up in the right pane. Select the opportunity of interest and double click on it. The opportunity form opens up. Click on the “sales process” tab in left navigation bar. The sales process shows up as follows:
Sales Pipeline Report à
Click “Sales” on main menu and select “Opportunities” in left navigation pane. A list of opportunities shows up in the right pane. In the right pane click on reports icon and choose sales pipeline report. The sales pipeline report shows up as follows:
· The sales process described above is for illustrative purposes only. Sample rule example in the attached zip file can be extended to address more sophisticated business requirements using MSCRM 3.0 Workflow Manager.
· The rules related to notification/ assignment and escalation are shown for opportunities. Similar rules can be created for other entities (e.g. – leads, cases etc.) as well by following the examples in the attached zip file.
· It is recommended that you test the workflow rules in a test environment before you put it in production.