The TFS Administration Guide is a great resource for anyone who maintains one or more TFS instances (or is planning/considering doing so). Here are a couple highlight topics:
- Team Foundation Server Planning Checklist
- This covers everything from hardware requirements to domain considerations, backup/restore planning, security requirements, and more
- Team Foundation Administration Walkthroughs
- This includes scenarios such as “Setting up Groups and Permissions”, “Customizing Check-In Policies and Notes”, and “Setting up Team Foundation Server to Require HTTPS and SSL”
- There are topics for customizing Work Item Types, Process Templates, and the Build System
These are just a few of many topics. If you’re about to deploy a Team Foundation Server, or want to get more out of the server(s) you already operate, this is a great resource.