Team Foundation Server Beta3 is almost here. We're finishing up the Beta3 testpass, making those painful decisions about what's important enough to fix in Beta3 and what has to wait for RTM, making sure those last few nasty Beta3 bugs that were resolved are actually fixed, etc. It's a fun, but busy intense time for us. I'm only taking a moment to write about it because I'm eating lunch at my desk at the same time (my keyboard is not a happy camper). The "SHIP IT!" chants have started up (out loud and in email), and pretty soon people will actually mean it! 🙂
We've tested more configurations in the last few weeks than we ever have in a such a short span. We have dozens of configurations we test, choosing values from variables like:
- single server vs. AT and DT on separate servers
- client OS (SKU and language)
- server OS (SKU and language)
- client product language
- server product language
- Yukon SKU
- Active Directory domain type
So, for example, recent automated runs checked out English on German OS's, Japanese product on Japanse OS (clients running XP Home), manual testing this week is English product on Japanese OS's, servers are AT+DT on the same box. German proved better at finding flaws in our automation setup than at finding bugs in the product, but both are useful in the long term...
It's now or never...