As you will see in the WHQL News later today, the WLK 1.1 SP has been posted to Microsoft Connect. Below is the official release announcement. You may be wondering what is up with the 1.2 release. Recall that we were supposed to have a preview "beta" release of 1.2 on Feb. 1. Attempting to release both the 1.2 preview and the 1.1 SP proved to be more than we could accomplish simulatenously. The 1.2 preview release candidate is being validated now. Assuming everything goes as expected we will likely have the 1.2 preview on Connect early next week.
Keep in mind that most of the new tests for new WLP '08 requirements are in the WLK 1.1. The new tests added to 1.2 are the following.
· Audio: Fidelity test will now run on capture endpoints instead of just render endpoints.
· Server: new test for virtual machine.
· Video capture: Blink Audio and Video Capture and Control Test: new tests to validate USB video capture devices are compliant with USB video class specification per STREAM-0008 and STREAM-0053.
· Systems: Embedded Signature Test
WLK 1.1 Service Pack Release Announcement
We are pleased to announce the release of the Windows Logo Kit 1.1 Service Pack (build 1.1.6475.100). This release delivers the new Extensible Authentication Protocol logo program. It does not include any DTM feature changes or additional new tests. While this release may be used to qualify devices and drivers for all current logo programs it is not a required upgrade.
New Logo Programs in the SP Release
· Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
New Preview Tests in the SP Release for future logo requirements
New Required Tests in the SP release for existing logo requirements
· This release is fully supported by Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) and Winqual for logo submissions on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008.
· Preview tests in this release are supported via the Microsoft Connect website.