Sometimes you can get what you need #2

It turns out that if you have an Alienware Area 51 desktop, you need a rather unusual power cable in order to get the thing plugged into the wall.  Whereas home computer power supplies invariably take a power cable with a C14 or C15 connector, the Area 51 power supply takes a power cable with a C19 connector.  No, you can't buy a power cable like that at Fry's.  Infinite Cables in Markham, Ontario, Canada, took my order via their Web site late on Friday December 21st Pacific Time and got the cable to me early on the morning of December 26th, in spite of it having to cross a national, customs border  Needless to say, I'll be buying any kind of cable I ever need from them in future. 

Skip to main content