Overviews (100 level)
- Silverlight Toolkit Released – More controls! - Tim Heuer's during the PDC keynote overview set the stage for good Charting content.
- Silverlight Toolkit (Silverlight 2 Control Pack) - Charting - Pete Brown followed up minutes later with another good overview. (Party trivia: The styles seen in his blog offer a rare glimpse of the pre-release Charting styles.)
- Silverlight 2 - Introducing the Chart Control - Chad Campbell was also ready with a good "zero-day" overview and code samples.
- The Weekly Source Code 36 - PDC, BabySmash and Silverlight Charting - Scott Hanselman's post includes a BabySmash tie-in and a smidge of flattery. 🙂
- Graphing – Silverlight Toolkit - Jesse Liberty introduces Charting and covers some of the basics.
- Bubble chart - Jesse Liberty introduces the BubbleSeries class and describes some interesting use-cases.
Scenarios (200 level)
- Zooming into a chart - Ruurd Boeke did the "zooming" scenario sample for the live Charting samples page - here's how he did it.
- Silverlight 2 - Getting Started with the Chart Control - Chad Campbell again - a thorough walkthrough of creating your first chart.
- Silverlight 2 Custom Stock Charts With Silverlight Toolkit - Peter Bromberg with his own walkthrough - creating a stock chart with plenty of code.
- Styling the Charts in the Silverlight Toolkit - Pete Brown again - this time with a good styling overview for designers.
- Designer’s Guide to Styling Silverlight Toolkit Charting Controls - Mehdi Slaoui Andaloussi goes over the top with a "soup to nuts" designer-oriented guide to styling everything. It probably helps that Mehdi works on my team and authored the shipping styles for Charting as well. 🙂
- Pie Chart Styling in the Silverlight Toolkit - Cross-Slice Gradients - Pete Brown takes a proof-of-concept for holistic pie chart styling and uses it to great effect.
- Bubbles – 1 Chart – three Axes - Jesse Liberty takes advantage of BubbleSeries to visualize historical data in an interesting way.
- Customizing the Labels on an Axis of the Silverlight Toolkit Chart - Kevin Dockx calls out the AxisLabelStyle property which allows designers to easily customize the labels of an axis.
- Dazzling Silverlight Toolkit Pie Charts with Overlays - Pete Brown continues working with pie charts and creates a further level of polish by adding some shiny overlays that make the visuals "pop".
- Silverlight Charting: Creating rich data point tooltips - Jeff Wilcox shows how he customized the ToolTips of a LineSeries to show a wealth of information relevant information in a very user-friendly manner.
- Pie Chart and Column Chart videos post - Jesse Liberty demonstrates the use of PieSeries and ColumnSeries in a set of "How Do I" videos.
- Styling Charts with the Silverlight Toolkit - Pete Brown's comprehensive Expression Newsletter article provides some of the best information available anywhere about Charting styling!
Internals (300 level)
- Building an Observable Model in Silverlight - Jafar Husain goes into deep technical detail about the observable model that Charting uses to enable its rich dynamic data support.
- Announcing a free, open source Charting solution for Silverlight [Silverlight Toolkit released today at PDC!]
- Click your way to great Silverlight charts [Live ChartBuilder sample and source code!]
- Improving ChartBuilder's cultural sensitivity [ChartBuilder app/source updated!]
- Silverlight Charting gets a host of improvements [Silverlight Toolkit December 08 release now available!]
- Great Silverlight charts are still just a click away [ChartBuilder sample and source code updated for Charting's December 08 release]
- Yummier pies! [A technique for more flexible gradient styling of Silverlight Toolkit pie charts]
- Columns of a different color [Customizing the appearance of Silverlight charts with re-templating and MVVM]