Conor vs. Sinergija 2011

As a professional announcement, I will not be speaking at PASS this year (nor will I be at the conference).  Instead, I will be in Belgrade, Serbia the following week to speak at the Sinergija 11 conference.  I’ll be doing a talk on the new ColumnStore index and I believe I’ll also be doing a talk on how Optimizers work.

This is my first time in Serbia, so I’m obviously looking forward to something new.

i am speaking at 240x400px (2)

1. Jerry Brenner says:

Who will be at SQL PASS that can answer some optimizer questions such as, "Can I influence the optimizer so that it chooses Hash Match/Flow Distinct over Distinct Sort?"

2. Conor says:

There will be others from the QP team at PASS – there is an experts table/pod an usually people can help you there.

The answer, however, is usually making sure your stats are up-to-date and then consider hints if needed.  Usually people asking for this are doing data warehousing and wish to attack everything with hash/parallelism.

Finaly, you can always just mail me :).

3. Chad Crawford says:

Noooooooooooo….  I really enjoyed your presentation at PASS last year.  Perhaps another time, I guess.

4. Radenko says:

Sinergija is great and big conference. You will surely enjoy.

5. Branka says:

Have fun at Belgrade, it is awesome city for nightlife… Say "Zdravo" from me to everybody….

6. Goran says:

Thank you for good lecture on SQL Server Query Optimizer and answers to questions after the lecture.

7. Mila says:

Your todays lecture at Sinergija was very good but a little bit general. I am glad I learned that if some querys don't work as I am expecting this is because I don't have Nick's machine. 🙂

I hope to finde more specific answers at your blog and thank you for that.