In this Workflow Example we will demonstrate how to use the MIM WAL to build a Workflow that can be used to create a set in the FIM / MIM Portal that is an All Resources Set. When Creating a new Resource in the FIM / MIM Portal it is important to remember to create a Set that contains all of the resource that you just created. This step is often overlooked and although it is not difficult it could be automated with a simple workflow. Additionally this example demonstrates how to work with Filters in a workflow.
- Read The MIMWAL (Custom Workflow Activity Library)
- Add "Forefront Identity Manager Service Account" to the Administrator Set
- Create an "_All Resources" Sets with the Criteria of Created Time after 1 day ago (this is to ensure that the workflow will only be triggered for Resources Created after yesterday.
- In the FIM Portal navigate to the Workflows Page
- Click on New
- Enter the name for your Workflow (I start all my workflows with an "_" which makes it easy to identify all non custom workflows.
- For Workflow Type Select
- For Run On Policy Update
- (Leave unchecked)
- Click on Next
- Click on Select
- For Activity Display Name type something like "Create Resource Set" or what ever you wish to call this activity.
- For Resource Type
- For Advanced Features
- (Leave Unchecked)
- For Attribute Population add the following
"<Filter xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" Dialect="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/11/XPathFilterDialect" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration">/"+[//Target/Name]+"</Filter>"
Make sure the entire text above in the Value Expression for the Target Filter is entered into the Value Expression.
- Click on Save
- Click on Next
- Click on Finish
- Click on Submit
Post Operation Steps
- Create Transition In MPR with using the "_All Resources" set that was created as part of the prerequisite steps above.