On Behalf of the Microsoft Commerce Server Product Unit, we are pleased to confirm our participation in the TechEd Europe Events, to be held in Barcelona Spain in early November. For both the Developer and IT Forum Events, main sessions are confirmed for Commerce Server, and we will also have a dedicated Booth on the showroom floor where you can drop by for Questions and Answers. Here is a summary of the main sessions we will deliver:
Event: TechEd Developers
- Session Code: WEB306 (Thurs. November 8, 17:30 - 18:45, final time to be confirmed)
- Title: Building Multi-Channel E-Commerce Solutions w/ Commerce Server 2007, ASP.NET, AJAX, Silverlight, WPF, SharePoint, and BizTalk Server
- Session Abstract: E-Commerce is no longer just about the Web. Multi-channel is here - and Microsoft's next-generation technologies are creating new e-commerce solution opportunities. Learn how to use our latest presentation tier technologies - including ASP.NET, web parts, Web Services, AJAX, Silverlight, and WPF - on top of Commerce Server 2007 to construct a single storefront infrastructure that can offer many different user experiences. Then, learn how integrate the solution with back-end systems and business partners utilizing BizTalk Server and SharePoint content management. We'll wrap up with a long-term technology roadmap to help guide your strategic technology investments.
Event: TechEd IT Forum 2007
- Session Code: WSI305 (Wed. November 14, 13:30 - 14:45, final time to be confirmed)
- Title: Getting E-commerce Right - Best Practices and Lessons Learned for IT Professionals
- Session Abstract: E-commerce web properties are part of the dollars and cents life-blood of many organizations today. Downtime can represent millions of dollars per hour in lost revenue and customer satisfaction issues that often reach the press. Getting E-commerce right is one of the most formidable challenges facing IP Professionals. This session will provide the real-world insights and best practices from subject matter experts who work with IT Professionals to build the right deployment and operational infrastructure the first time - or fix a problematic deployment. Topics covered include performance/capacity analysis, secure deployment planning (including compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards), designing highly available physical infrastructure topologies, ongoing daily operations/health monitoring best practices. If time permits, we will also outline Microsoft's Next Web strategy and E-commerce technology roadmap.
And, a reminder of the Commerce Server Information Desk, your resource and direct connect to the product group for general questions on Microsoft Commerce Server. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org