At CodeMash 2008, I had an incredible opportunity to meet 1-1 with many various users of CodePlex, from those who run projects to those who download them. Thanks to everyone for their valuable input and making the time to discuss their ideas with me. I had an awesome time, and will always try to do an open space at every conference I go to from now on.
Instead of just posting the feedback I received, our dev lead Jonathan suggested I enter work items for everyone to vote on. So…
Without further ado, here’s what I’ve entered based on our conversations at CodeMash for you to vote on. Of course, please vote on whatever else you find interesting in the feature wish list.
- Include virus scanning for any uploaded patch
- Improve Search by including new filters for “project age” and “project activity”
- Add the ability to search based on project license
- Provide support for CodePlex projects to have a personality on their homepage
- Update the daily RSS to show New Projects first in the list
- Create a ratings system that is based on activity
- Add statistics / rating system for individual releases across all projects (in lieu of just rating overall projects)