FxCop 10.0 is available

Version 10.0 of FxCop is the version that ships with Visual Studio 2010 Premium. FxCop 10.0 is part of Version 7.1 of the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4.

Instructions

If you require FxCop 1.36 please download and install the Windows SDK version 7.0.

1. Excellent. Any reason not to number it FxCop 2.0 (regular increment) or eventually FxCop 7.0 (matching the Win SDK version)?

2. Carel Lotz says:

I follow these steps, but FxCop 10 doesn't seem to support .NET Framework 4.0.  If I create a new project and go Project Options | Spelling & Analysis I only see .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 in the Target Framework dropdown.  Am I correct in saying that it therefore doesn't support .NET Framework 4.0?

3. Steven says:

Does this version come with a separate download as the older versions do?

4. Mark Broadhurst says:

The reason its 10 I'd wager is since Visual Studio has also hit version 10.

5. Eli Allen says:

Going by the previous blog post where you say:

NOTE: The Phoenix Code Analysis engine and associated DFA rules do not ship in the standalone FxCop release.

Then does that mean that FXCop10.0 doesn't have any of this new functionality?  Which means it doesn't do any analysis that 1.36 doesn't do.

6. Duke Kamstra says:

10.0 adds support for analyzing .NET 4 assemblies. 1.36 cannot do that.

7. Jaco de Groot says:

FxCop 10.0 appears identical to FxCop 1.36 exept the version number. Both versions only support up to .NET 3.5 although both  can also be used to analyse .NET 4 assemblies. Are there any release notes for FxCop 10.0 describing improvements or bug fixes ?

8. Terry Aney says:

Where would be the best place to submit bugs or get support on Microsoft.Cci.dll.  I seem to incorrectly be returning symbols/variables flagged as an OpCode.Ldstr and my understanding is that those instructions should be string literals, or do I have a misunderstanding of Ldstr?

9. Duke Kamstra says:

Ask for help on the forum: social.msdn.microsoft.com/…/threads

Submit bugs using Microsoft Connect: connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

10. Roman says:

Is it possible to integrate FxCop 10.0 to VSTS 2008?

11. Matthew1471! says:

>Does this version come with a separate download as the older versions do?

Steven: not really but if you want to install only FxCop without installing the whole SDK read blogx.co.uk/Comments.asp