I'm pleased to announce that we've released a beta of the next version of FxCop. This release has a number of changes since FxCop 1.35, including, but not limited to, the following:
- 200+ bug fixes that reduce noise, missing analysis and rule crashes
- Support for analyzing anonymous methods and lambda expressions
- New option for skipping analysis over tool generated code
- Turn this on in the UI via Project -> Options -> Spelling & Analysis -> Suppress analysis results against generated code
- Turn this on in the command-line via /ignoregeneratedcode switch.
- Better support for C++/CLI and the Compact Framework
- Language 'friendly' API names in the UI and resolutions (ie Visual Basic syntax if running over a Visual Basic binary)
- New globalization, design and usage rules
- Performance improvements that cut analysis by 2x and use half as much memory
- Documentation that is now available on MSDN
There are also some other underlying changes that I will talk about in some future posts.