We're pleased to announce the release of the June 2010 Windows Azure Tools + SDK.
The Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2008 to enable the creation, configuration, building, debugging, running, packaging and deployment of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
New for this release:
- Visual Studio 2010 RTM Support: Full support for Visual Studio 2010 RTM.
- .NET 4 support: Choose to build services targeting either the .NET 3.5 or .NET 4 framework.
- Cloud storage explorer: Displays a read-only view of Windows Azure tables and blob containers through Server Explorer.
- Integrated deployment: Deploy services directly from Visual Studio by selecting ‘Publish’ from Solution Explorer.
- Service monitoring: Keep track of the state of your services through the ‘compute’ node in Server Explorer.
- IntelliTrace support for services running in the cloud: Adds support for debugging services in the cloud by using the Visual Studio 2010 IntelliTrace feature. This is enabled by using the deployment feature, and logs are retrieved through Server Explorer. Note: Requires Visual Studio Ultimate and .NET 4 roles.