How can we help you?

Everybody around here has been busy working on new partnerships so that you will have access to more images, and this blog has been a little neglected as a result. I thought I’d just write this post to see if I can get some quick feedback from you. Please respond in the comments section below to any or all of these questions:

• What types of posts do you find most useful here?

• Do you need to know how-to work with images in your documents?

• Do you need to know specifics for specific programs (for example, Word vs. PowerPoint)

• Are you interested in learning about new content available to you?

• How do you use our images and what’s your biggest stumbling block when you do use them?

• Do you use our images for your work documents or personal, or both?

• What types of images do you use most?

• What do you want to see more of?

• Got any specific suggestions for how you’d most like to see us use this blog?

• What other blogs do you read?

• Any other comments?

Thanks for providing feedback.

--Nancy

1. Charlene Robbins says:

Ideas for software I can find that will let me make backgrounds of jpegs transparent. I don’t want the white background that shows up. Makes it impossible to use in Powerpoint for what I do. i need transparent backgrounds.

2. PHYLLIS says:

1 WHAT’S A "url?"

2 MY MAIN CONCERN IS I DON’T KNOW HOW TO OPEN AN EMAIL WITH POWER POINT AND THE EXTENTIO pps. COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE? I DON’T WHAT TO MESS UP MY COMPUTER AND OPEN UP SOMETHING I DON’T KNOW.

3. Garry Trinder says:

Charlene – see this discussion thread about making jpegs transparent and the addins available:

Phyllis:

Definition of a URL:

URL /U-R-L/ or /erl/ n. Uniform Resource Locator, an address widget that identifies a document or resource on the World Wide Web. This entry is here primarily to record the fact that the term is commonly pronounced both /erl/, and /U-R-L/ (the latter predominates in more formal contexts).

In other words – it’s the address of a Web site that appears in your browser bar. For example: http://office.microsoft.com

See this help file to understand how to open pps files:

4. carym says:

I would like to know how/if I should attribute an image from MS clip art if I use it in my blog.  I use a licensed version of Office and would like to use various images from the clip art gallery.  Is that OK?  How should I word the caption to give credit for the photo?  My blog is completely personal, although I might at some time add advertising to it.

5. MikeB says:

I would love to be able to see the various styles types at a glance. Right now I have to go through and type "style 1", "Style 2" etc. To see what the various types are. If I could click a style button and see an example from each group. That would be fantastic.

Cheers,

mike.

6. Garry Trinder says:

Hi CaryM – Yes, you can use our images in your personal blog. No attribution necessary.

MikeB – thanks for the suggestion. This would be a pretty big undertaking for our team, but we’ll look into it.

7. LauraR says:

I look for ideas – creative yet conservative for the business world. Clean utilization with white space – effective layout, etc.  Especially for boring reports and proposals.  How to jazz up boring elements like charts and tables.

8. Sisepuede says:

In Office 2003, I was able to right click a clipart object and save it to My Picture.  I try to do that in Office 2007, and that option is not available.  How can I move MS Office clip art to my picture?

9. templateers says:

Sisepude:

You can do this today by clicking the copy icon on the image you want to copy to My Pictures.

And then right clicking in the My Pictures folder (or any folder) and clicking Paste.

You can also do this by clicking the image to see it larger (in details pane) and then clicking Copy in top left corner, and then pasting into your Windows My Picture folder.

10. austintatious says:

Microsoft Clip Art appears to use a subset of some of the clip art that it licenses. How do I find the provider of an image set so that I could look into purchasing a more complete collection of their images?

For instance, some of the icons that you provide appear to be missing some obvious variations (e.g., only ared flag, a plus sign in a circle but not a minus sign).

Could you please tell me how to find the provider for these icons? j0434803.png appears to be one from this particular family.

Thanks in advance.

11. Karen says:

HELP! I just deleted my "Downloaded" Clips from My Collections – Microsoft Clip Organizer! How do I get it back??? I have a couple years worth of clip art in it!

Karen

12. Karen says:

Nevermind, I got it, it wasn’t easy, but I managed. thanks anyway.

Karen

13. missc says:

Related to the blog q, can I post images from MS clip-art on my business web site without attribution? I’m talking about the free downloads that you find in search. Are those all without royalty or penalty if I use them?

Thanks.

14. G-girl says:

My boss just sent me a PowerPoint presentation. She’d like me to create a web page based on her ppt. She used clip art that came with the Office 2003 software. Can I use that clip art on a government website?  I can’t find clear copyright/use info anywhere.

15. Samta says:

Can I make some slight modifications to the MS office clipart before I place them in my personal blog? I guess you can use them in your blog, right? Can I give them a border or place them on top of some other image?

16. Jade says:

I really need your help here. I just wanna know if I can use Microsoft clip arts for my blogs? Is it free? Thanks and godbless!

17. Jennier says:

Can I use clipart for a blog logo not just for articles? Thanks

18. Annie says:

HOW do I insert clipart from MS into my blogger blog?  I can’t copy and paste and I can’t upload it from my computer.  Am I missing something??  Thanks for any help anyone can give.

19. ravi kumar says:

I had downloaded a clipart from

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN USE IT FOR A LOGO DESIGNING AS A MAIN DESIGN?

Comments are closed.