WMF is a very versatile format:
- it is vector-based, which means images resize without any loss of quality - you can blow them up to the size of a billboard if you want to
- you can separate it into layers, and change its colors
- you can use them in your documents on different color backgrounds
If you really like the way a WMF looks, but would prefer to use it in a different format, you can convert it using Picture Manager. If you have Office 2007 or 2003, you most likely have Picture Manager installed. Here's what to do:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Browse to the images you want to convert and select them
- Go to File > Export
- Under Export with this file format, click the dropdown and select one of the formats (TIFF, PNG, JPG, BMP...)
For more information:
Did you find this post helpful?
If so, share it!