Recently a MCS consultant asked the following question on an internal Access Discussion alais:
My customer is looking for either a document on ‘general best practices when using Access 2003’ and/or a document on ‘best practices for coding in Access 2003.’ Before I sit down and start trying to create the documents from scratch, I’m wondering if anyone is aware of any documents that already exist that might fit the bill.
The following articles were recommended:
- Description of Database Normalization Basics
- How to keep a Jet 4.0 database in top working condition
- How to optimize Office Access and Jet database engine network performance with Windows 2000-based and Windows XP-based clients
- Best Practices When Using Microsoft Office Access 2003 in a Multi-user Environment
- TechNet Webcast: Managing Access Applications Inside an IT Organization by Zac Woodall
What articles would you add to the list?
Edited June 12, 2007 to fix URL to the Jet article.