Free 60 day trial download of Office 2007

Here is a link to a free 60 day trial download of Office 2007 programs.

As you know, Access is in the professional version. For those of you outside the US, you need to use the following URL’s:

1. grovelli says:

I’d like to try and install the trial download of Office 2007 programs.

I already have Office 2003 professional on my pc, are there going to be any conflicts, especially Access-wise?

2. Clint Covington says:

The only issue I have seen is it takes longer than expected to start the a different version. The scenario is

1. Launch and close Access 2003.

2. Launch Access 2007 and wait for registry changes.

This fixup only happens the when you change the last version launched. So if you keep closing and opening Access 2003 it doesn’t happen. Internally, we have some registry fixup work that needs to happen. If there are we would love to hear about it as that is an important scenario.

3. grovelli says:

Thanks Clint.

You said, "If there are". Did you mean, "If there are delays"?

Does the file compacting process in Access 2007 has any inherent flaws that you’re aware of? Check out the following link

4. Clint Covington says:

I heard about that post but we haven’t seen that issue in internal testing and I have spent lots of time developing with 2007. We definitely would fix this issue if someone can provide repro steps.

I have sent email to developers in the area and will let you know if they find anything interesting. It might be a week or so as most people are out for the holidays.

5. grovelli says:

Thanks Clint,

You didn’t say what you meant by, "If there are". 🙂

6. Clint Covington says:

I mean to say–if there are other conflicts issues I would love to hear about it. I know there is a startup delay if you are constantly switching between versions. We don’t expect that issue to be fixed as it is pretty deep in the Office setup technologies.