I hope everyone is getting as pumped as I am for the PDC next week. So much dev geek goodness in one week … its all good!
Plug for my session:
SharePoint 2007 Creating SharePoint Applications with Visual Studio
Abstract: “Learn how to use Microsoft Silverlight and SharePoint together. See us build a SharePoint application using the Visual Studio 2008 extensions for SharePoint.”
Put it in your calendars:
That is this abstract from the PDC site … here is my more detailed version…
We wont be sitting watching slides .. 10mins MAX. After that we will be jumping head long into a 50min demo that builds out a full application. None of this cake in the oven nonsense
We are going to do that in 5 bits:
– Design – Do the branding stuff
– Extend – Extend SharePoint to add the things we need
– Integrate – With other systems using WCF
– Social – Everyone loves social stuff!!
– Visualize – Use Silverlight to show stuff
(Come and learn about new Silverlight stuff that has not been released yet! no … its not Silverlight 2.0 that is already out)