So a while ago I was using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server to Unit Test my computer-Go bot, codenamed Gozilla. (Yeah, I know the name is already taken 🙁 ) To test out the ‘SGF file’ loading capabilities, I embedded the test files into the Unit Test assembly itself, and extracted it at test-time. That way I didn’t need to carry around the lose test files along with the Unit Test.
Anyways, John Atwood pointed out something I failed to mention in that initial blog post which is that when you are extracting embedded resources from a managed assembly, you need to include the namespace as well.
I made the edit to the post here: