I've heard from a few people having problems with size limitations when publishing from the Dynamics AX 2012 Excel Add-in to the server. People that are receiving a message like “Method ‘System.ServiceModel.CommunicationObjectFaultedException.Detail’ not found” are probably running into a timeout on the service call made from the Excel Add-in to the server. This problem would start showing up when publishing large numbers of rows, but I have heard it showing up when publishing as few as 400 rows.
First, there is a hotfix that needs to be installed that enables the use of configuration bindings. The hotfix was created back in October but is not in cumulative update 2, so you’ll have to apply it separately. The KB number is 2632761 and the SR number is 111080933524458. It is mentioned on this Dynamics AX 2012 hotfixes page on Customer Source (login needed).
Second, you need to edit the configuration bindings:
- On the same Client machine that the publish is occurring on…
- Run Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Configuration ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\6.0\BusinessConnector\Bin\AxCliCfg.exe")
- Open the “Connection” tab
- Click the “Configure Services” button
- Go to the “Bindings” folder
- Find the service that the publish message is being sent to.
- Increase the SendTimeout and CloseTimeout values (particularly the CloseTimeout value)
Your experience may vary, but hopefully that helps...
UPDATE: I learned that KB 2632761 is not in cumulative update 2. It will be in a cumulative update that is past build 6.0.947.387.