Bill Chestnut and I help run the Melbourne .Net Users Group (MDNUG). It has been quiet lately with the Christmas break and the unavailability of our usual meeting location (Microsoft Melbourne's level 9 theatre), but we had breakfast over the weekend to discuss what we wanted to do over the next half year.
Among the highlights from that breakfast:
- Bill is currently hosting the MDNUG server and is installing blog software (.Text or dasBlog) on MDNUG.org to allow us to provide a stream of information and news to our members.
- The first MDNUG meeting for 2004 will be on March 10th (the night before the security summit) with guest speaker Jim Miller (the founder of the .Net Framework)
- Bill is now a Microsoft MVP for BizTalk. Congratulations Bill!
- Our themes for the next few months are likely to follow the Microsoft topic's that Chuck sent Bill a while ago:
- March - Security
- April - Mobile
- May - BizTalk (Bill is excited), Indigo (I am excited)
- June - Office (Smart tags again?)
- July - Visual Studio Whidbey (Too late?)
- This years TechEd is in Canberra in August and we hope to have some user group events leading up to that.
Bill and I are both looking forward to a great 2004 packed with community events! Stay tuned for more details.