|Following a recent discussion with a consultant, I wanted to re-iterate the quality, depth and number of technical session dedicated to IT Professionals and Developers at Microsoft Project Conference 2012 next month in Phoenix (March 19-22). One easy place to browse technical content is to navigate the session agenda and filter by each audience, or the filter using the Deployment, Administration & Developer track as shown on the right:
Beside key topic that all Project & Project Server developers and IT Professionals should know, there is an all-star list of speakers from Project MVPs, SharePoint MVPs, SharePoint Certified Masters, Microsoft SharePoint & Project experts, partners and customers.
To wet your appetite here is a sample of in depth topic of interest with brief comments delivered by Microsoft and outside experts:
- Best Practices Troubleshooting Project 2010 Deployments – two part series with Brian Smith & Adrian Jenkins with a combined 35 years of Project experience!
- Tracking Historical Project Activity Data using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite – great in depth BI session by Gabriel (a customer) for something customers asks often
- Integrating Data from LOB Systems (SAP, ClickSoft) for Strategic Resource Planning – another popular topic by Tim one of our MVP on how to integrate with SAP
- Extending and Customizing the Project Server 2010 Timesheet to Drive Adoption and Achieve Business Results – everyone wants to customize their timesheets!
- Planning and Executing a Multi-Instance, Multi-Version Project Server Migration – real life feedback and best practices from Brian
- Leveraging Project Server 2010 in SharePoint 2010 Extranet Environments – Ram is a SharePoint expert
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Administering Project Server 2010 But Were Afraid To Ask – another MVP lead session by Rolly, expert and professional trainer
- Integrating SharePoint and Project Server 2010 – Deployment Approaches, Integration Options and making the most of the SharePoint Enterprise Features. – reviewed Giles session yesterday and again this is another must attend for any architect
- Closing the Status Loop with Windows 8 Metro and Project Server’s Task Update Feature – say no more
- Leverage the capabilities of SharePoint to light up Microsoft Project Server – Keenan is a colleague on the SharePoint team and has a great story for you!
Hard to stop enumerating sessions, but you will hopefully get the point that WE HAVE TECHNICAL CONTENT FOR YOU! The beauty of all these topics is that I believe in sense they are version agnostic and hence it’s never too late to strengthen or fill knowledge gaps on the 2010 platform. But wait there is more (!), you feel like you know it all, how about taking certifications on site? How about attending the dedicated partner pre-event which will have in depth technical sessions delivered by experts (agenda is here from Jan’s blog); how about attending PC12 post-event training). A master at all of the above then how about learning about ALM, PLM, IPM, and Dynamics/ERP integration?
In summary as a consultant, IT Pro. or Dev. you have no excuse not to attend #MSPC12 and get ignited again!
See you soon!