In case you missed it, Steven Haden wrote this great white paper (and code samples): Hitchhiker’s Guide to Demand Management (white paper).
This 109 pages white paper is a must read for all of you that need to build a custom workflow in Project Server 2010: This document should contain all the required information to get started on implementing a full Demand Management solution with Microsoft Project Server 2010.
Table of Content:
- Vision: Case Study for Contoso
- Plan/Specify; The Demand Management Process Lifecycle
- Build/Create: Workflow Configuration
- Build/Create Workflow Orchestration
- Deploy: Deployment from Dev to QA/Production
- Debug/Monitor: Troubleshooting Workflows
MSDN Code Gallery associated workflow code sample: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/PS2010DMSample