[updated on Jan. 28th, direct download link is now live: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8e709e2e-c9a1-4c7e-90d6-a52bcc8e5daf]
As Doug mentioned it just got released today, it’s all based on the Public Beta (B2): Microsoft Project 2010 Beta Enterprise Project Management (EPM) Solution demo image now available for download
Happy download (10GB compressed) and Project 2010 demos!
Partners & Customers – Instructions on how to download the Microsoft Project 2010 EPM Solution demo image, installation instructions and associated presenter’s script by sending an email to the Proj2010@microsoft.com alias.
Please note that this is an Hyper-V image and hence it requires Windows Server 2008 as the base operating system for it to run (not to mentioned at least 8GB of RAM, and ideally a Solid State Drive for optimal performance, see this: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2009/08/13/the-ultimate-demo-machine-get-ready-to-demo-project-and-sharepoint-server-2010.aspx).
Demo image contains (SharePoint Server Enterprise 2010, Project Server 2010, Office 2010, Project Professional 2010, Visio 2010, Visual Studio 2010 and more…):
- PPM Governance: Separate governance workflows for both major and minor projects
- Demand Management:
- Major Project business case includes general information, strategic impact, resource plan, cost and benefit templates and risk assessment survey
- Minor project includes general information and schedule PDP
- Includes custom workspaces for both Major and Minor projects
- Portfolio Selection & Analytics
- Business Driver Library
- Saved Business Driver Prioritizations
- Saved Portfolio Analysis to run both Cost Constraint and Resource Constraint Analysis
- Detailed Planning: During the detailed planning stages the project manager
- Finalizes the project schedule
- Finds and assigns named resources
- Completes a secondary cost assessment
- Baselines the plan
- Team Member: Team member receives and updates tasks and completes timesheet
- Project Manager: Receives and approves task and timesheet updates
- BI: Demo includes Corporate, Departmental and Project Level reports