Please find below an inventory of the content published for the past three months by the Office EPM UA team, feel free to forward this email to your customers and partners:
- Watch this: Use lag and lead timeThis demo shows how to use lag and lead time to create gaps and overlaps between tasks in a project.
- Watch this: Show the critical pathThis demo shows you several ways to display a project’s critical tasks. It also shows how to display multiple critical paths in a single project.
- Create work breakdown structure (WBS) codes This topic has been updated with more information about basic view usage.
- Set lead or lag time (float) between tasks This topic has had a number of terms added to make it more searchable from the perspective of the PMBOK.
- Use templates in Project 2007 More information on templates.
- Create a custom field Use this article to learn how to create, import, insert, and rename a custom field.
- Watch this: Create a custom field This video walks you through the process of creating a custom field that is associated with a list, and that uses graphical indicators.
- Work with the Gantt Chart view This article provides information on how to use each part of the Gantt Chart view.
- Project Server Quick Reference Guide for project managers This quick reference guide displays all the tasks a project manager is likely to do with Project Server. A team member version is due out soon.
- Podcast: Britney Spears, the ultimate project manager This is a link to an external podcast about Britney Spears as the ultimate project manager. It is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but makes good points about project management skills in general.
- What’s all this talk about Web 2.0 This Office Hours article discusses Web 2.0 and software plus services model.
- GPS Assistance in Roadmapping an EPM Deployment: How do you create a roadmap for an EPM implementation? This is the latest white paper by Chris Vandersluis in the “From the Trenches — Deploying the EPM Solution in the Real World” column on the Project Server TechCenter page.
- Database maintenance plans for Project Server 2007 This topic describes best practices for creating database maintenance plans for Project Server 2007 databases.
- Project Server 2007 Hyper-V guide This downloadable, 37-page document provides IT administrators with information about how to set up Project Server 2007 in a Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V environment. This guide includes technical information, procedures, and recommendations regarding planning a Project Server 2007 deployment for a Hyper-V environment in areas such as architecture, deployment, configuration best practices, system resource cost, and measuring virtual system performance.
- Project Portfolio Server 2007 Guide Environment Migration This guide describes how to migrate Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 from one environment to another one.
Enterprise Project Management
- EPM Connect: The Business Exchange for EPM Solutions and Services
- EPM University: Online, instructor-led, deep dive technical training on EPM
- EPM Solution Office online EPM Home Page