Thanks to Roger Lamb please find references to improve SharePoint’s and Project Server performance:
- Case Study: Using Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server to implement a large-scale content storage scenario with rapid search availability (TechNet)
- White paper: Database Maintenance for Microsoft® SharePoint® Products and Technologies (TechNet)
- White paper: Scaling SharePoint 2007 - Storage Architecture (Knowledgelake)
- Physical storage recommendations (Office SharePoint Server) (TechNet)
- How to defragment Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 databases and SharePoint Server 2007 databases (KB)
- White paper: Planning and Monitoring SQL Server Storage for Office SharePoint Server: Performance Recommendations and Best Practices (TechNet)
- Configuring Caching, IIS Compression, and Other Performance Options for SharePoint (Video)
Development specific tips:
- MVP Andrew Connell (AC): Building High Performance Solutions On Microsoft Office Server 2007 (Presentation ppt)
Upcoming book: Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 Best Practices
Achieve your IT objectives with proven, best-practice guidance on using SharePoint solutions.
Get field-tested best practices and proven techniques for designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. Part of the new Best Practices series for IT professionals from Microsoft Press®, this guide is written by leading SharePoint MVPs and Microsoft SharePoint team members who’ve worked extensively with real-world deployments and customers. You’ll find out how to deploy the software, design your environment, manage content, analyze and view data, perform disaster recovery, monitor performance, and more. You'll learn how to create SharePoint sites that help your organization collaborate, take advantage of business insights, and improve productivity—with practical insights from the experts.