On a weekly basis I always check this two great source of information on TechNet (ideally I’d love to be able to have an RSS subscription to these pages):
- Newly published content for Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Newly published content for Office Project Server 2007
The April 14, 2008 release contains a lot of very useful white papers as listed below, (it’s the end of week so plenty of time to read during the week-end!):
- White paper: Office SharePoint Server farm architecture This white paper describes how to plan server farms for reliability and scalability, and how to deploy Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 on a server farm.
- White paper: Configuring server farms This white paper describes configuration steps that are needed for server farms after deployment. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- White paper: Securing server farms This white paper describes how to help control access to information and how to help protect deployments from malicious users. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- White paper: Backing up, restoring, high availability, and disaster recovery for Office SharePoint Server farms This white paper describes how to back up and recover Office SharePoint Server 2007 server farms. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- White paper: Backing up Office SharePoint Server Search by using System Center Data Protection Manager Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 (DPM) is a server software application that enables data protection and recovery for protected computers within Active Directory domains. With DPM, an administrator can back up farms. As a part of a farm backup with DPM, the configurations and site collections stored in the configuration and content databases are backed up, but not the search database and index To back up and recover search, the procedures and scripts are provided in this white paper.
- White paper: Operations and management This white paper provides information about common operations and management tasks. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- White paper: Capacity planning This white paper describes how to determine requirements to support your capacity requirements. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- White paper: Search architecture and configuration This white paper describes how to plan for and configure search for Office SharePoint Server. There is also a link to streaming video of a related lecture.
- Monitoring usage data for personalization Administrators can monitor usage data for personalized sites and content, and search queries for people and personalized content. These articles describe how to view and respond to usage data during ongoing operations .
- White paper: Advantages of Deploying SharePoint Products and Technologies with Windows Server 2008 (Office SharePoint Server 2007) This paper describes how the new features in Windows Server 2008 address important issues that face organizations that deploy Web solutions with SharePoint Products and Technologies.
- White papers: Master data management This series of white papers discusses a centralized approach to defining, deploying, and managing master data and hierarchies.
- Troubleshooting for Office SharePoint Server 2007 This chapter provides troubleshooting steps for common issues in Office SharePoint Server 2007. As new solutions become available, they will be added to this section.