Using Azure MobileServiceClient throws "The request could not be completed. (Method Not Allowed)" exception

In case anyone else runs into this: I’m working with the Microsoft.WindowsAzure.MobileServices.MobileServiceClient class, trying to call a mobile API I’ve set up in–where else–an Azure Mobile Service instance. My call looks something like this: JToken response = await _mobileClient.InvokeApiAsync(“myapimethodname”);   And I’m trying to call an API containing pretty standard Node.js script that starts out…

0

Programmatically setting Record Declaration settings in SP2010

Needed to programmatically ensure that Record Declaration settings were set for a customer’s site template. Found this blog entry: http://sharepointfieldnotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/making-your-sharepoint-2010.html To summarize the information in the blog entry: Allowing manual records declaration for all site in a Site Collection is done in the Site Collection Settings, under the “Record declaration settings” topic. On the settings…

0

Enable/Disable Client Integration using SharePoint 2010 Object Model

Thanks to Dhirendra Yadav for posting how to set the “Enable Client Integration” property using the SharePoint 2010 OM. I’m reposting here because I had a little trouble finding his post initially. And thought it’s not a big deal to convert it, I’ve put the code into something runnable from your PowerShell command window. Here…

0

“The call to SearchServiceInstance.Provision failed…Resolved!”

Ok, credit where it’s due: I stole even the title of this post from Martin Hatch, and thank all that is holy for him! And thank you Interwebs for keeping everything so nicely archived, and Bing for indexing it, and…. Well, you get the picture. I’m pretty happy about finding an answer to this one,…

0

SharePoint 2007/WCF Services Bug: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Just finished working through an issue with one of my customers. My customer had written a WCF service to kick off some custom actions on remote SharePoint servers, but they kept getting the old, “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error. Personally, I love this one, because it’s so easy to…

0

Could not load file or assembly ‘NewWebPart’ or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

Ran into this error yesterday, while trying to create a test web part for a client. I tried various fixes, including (but not limited to): Placing my DLL into the GAC; Checking what else my assembly might be referencing; Changing the security rights on the “Temporary ASP.NET Files” folder; Viewing the assembly bindings using SysInternals…

0

Showing Assembly Bindings in ASP.NET (and SharePoint)

The instructions for this should actually show up as a suggestion when you get an Access Denied error when trying to load a custom assembly in ASP.NET (and by extension, SharePoint.) But for quick reference, here it is: Open regedit.exe. Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion. Add a new DWORD entry named “EnableLog”. Set the value of the…

0

Getting DNS Set Up on a Self-Contained MOSS Server

  Since I don’t do it very often, I can never remember everything I need to do to get DNS set up correctly when I create a new MOSS VM for testing or development. It’s easier to set the entire thing up to run on a single server to keep it insulated from everything else…

0

Interesting SharePoint Gotcha

  As noted by Nishand in a blog posting several years ago, SharePoint 2007 had a number of peculiarities around when a instance of an object was needed versus when it wasn’t. In SharePoint 2010, this has not been changed. I just had a client ask me about this specific example: In order to change…

0