OneNote Web App gains Ink display

In case you missed it, the always updating Web Apps (available at http://office.live.com and embedded all over the web) got a refresh yesterday. You can read about it more here: Announcing new features you’ve requested.

One of the big ones for me was that the OneNote Web App can now display ink notes. So for those of you who use the stylus a lot, your notes are now visible for you to refer to on any device.

Also check out the OneNote App for iphone, now at v 1.2 with kinks worked out, and of course WIndowsPhone 7.5 (Mango) being rolled out now has improved Office app support including OneNote. Julian Kay has a nice overview with pictures.

Don’t ask me about support for more platforms: Like Sgt. Shultz, “I know nothing!”

Chris

1. Paul says:

Any chance we can look forward to a native iPad version of the OneNote iOS-based app? I'd be very grateful for any information!

2. John says:

How about the ability to use ink from the web app.  Now that would be something!!!

3. John says:

How about the ability to use inking from the web app.  Now that would be impressive!!!

4. Protected Sections says:

It would be great if we could open password protected sections.

Many business people would be able to take better advantage of the App.

I would say that it is pretty basic and I am looking forward to see this feature.

5. Eric says:

I'm really new to OneNote but I see great potential for it with my project work. One thing I'm considering is setting up a documentation system using OneNote.

I work in an IT department and we need to create/maintain application and systems documents, the bane of IT. My plan would be to create Notebooks for each app or system. Then the folders and pages could be broken out for "user doc", tech spec, trouble shooting, restarting, etc etc.

One of the reasons I like OneNote for this is the great search ability; just start typing keywords and matches appear. Also the ability to embed content, and format the text the way you want/need.

Does that sound like bastardizing the intent of OneNote?

If using it in this manner might be a reasonable use of OneNote, then are there any limiations or needs to consider if attempting to host this in a corporate network environment? I mean, can numerous people have open the same onenote files for searching? How would the updating happening, or would it have to be a "read only" setup (is that possible)?

6. Montevale says:

Now, if you could develop this thing for iPad that would be a feat!

…but why woiuld I buy Windows then …right?

So hurry up with the Windows 8 ARM tablets please.