This is a little off topic, but I thought I’d share it with y’all anyway.

My son was born Wednesday. His name is Ciarán Naoto Pratley, and I’m holding him in my left arm as I write this. He was 7lb 11oz (3496g) at birth, 20.25in (515mm) long, with black hair and dark hazel eyes. He is of course amazing and the best baby ever. So it has been an eventful week. I’ve shipped software before (yay SP1 of OneNote!), but this is my first human.

All is well, mom and baby are doing great too.

1. Lee says:

Congratulations! You’ll need caffeine more than ever now 🙂

2. William Dowell says:

Congratulations!!:) – Dont forget to teach the baby to write using OneNote and note on paper.

3. Adam Field says:

It really is amazing the first time you hold one of your own kids.

I already have 2 with another due in October.

4. Paschal says:

Congrats ! and also for the Irish name !

5. Wallym says:

Congratulations. I remember when my son and daughter were each born. I was just numb to the whole thing. I had no idea what to do. I was even afraid to hold them because I was afraid I would do something wrong and hurt them.

6. Congratulation Chris… 🙂

7. Congrats Chris! There is nothing like that feeling of holding your kid for the first time.

8. JerryP says:

Congratulations! even cooler than SW 😉

9. Colin Walker says:

Many, many congratulations 🙂 I’ll never forget how it felt when our two were born!

Long life and happiness.

10. Welcome to the club!! My daughter is 5 months… so I am WAY ahead in the learning curve…

It’s a fantastic journey – get sleep when you can and enjoy every minute as a family when you don’t have to be working!

11. brady gaster says:

congratulations! i’m looking forward to having mine soon (say 2 years from now, according to the better half, who has the next 10 years planned out in MSProject).

12. Phil Rodemann says:

Awesome! IMHO there are no words in the English language that adequately describe the feeling of holding your first child. I have a 15 yr old and a 2.5 yr old. Enjoy your family!

13. Doug Reilly says:

Congratulations! It was 24 years ago now, but I remember like it was yesterday holding my first child, my son Tim. Talk about life changing!

14. Mun says:

Congratulations Chris! 🙂

15. Sam Gentile says:

Congrats!! I have a 15 month old baby girl and a six year old. It’s all worth it!

16. Rich C says:

Many Congratulations to you and yours!!

17. Steele Price says:

Congrats: installing life beats software anyday.

18. KC Lemson says:

That’s wonderful news! I just gave birth to my firstborn, now 10 months old, last June. It is the most amazing experience in the world. It puts everything in perspective.

19. Jim says:

Congratulations! My son is six and we’re expecting a baby girl in June, so I know where you’re coming from. It’s great now and it only gets better! (By the way, if you’re not going the cloth diaper route, two words of advice: Diaper Genie. If you live in a multi-floor house/apt, get one for each floor. You’ll be glad you did <grin>).

20. Steve says:

Congratulations! As a developer I am sure that you are used to underestmating things….

Rest assured that you have underestimated the amount of change that you will be experiencing starting now. Having a child is a huge undertaking and worth every minute. 🙂

21. Congratulations on shipping Pratley 2.0!

22. Greg Hughes says:

Congratulations, Chris!

23. Tejas Patel says:

Hearty Congratulations Chris, I am sure this is an exciting and one in a life time experieince, will be delighted to see the picture of your baby boy on this blog.

24. Cindy says:

Congratulations :-)!

25. D. Brian Ellis says:

Congrats. Start looking forward to Child…Service Pack 1. New included features: Sleep.

26. Lakshman says:

Congratulations, now you can start reminishing about your life before 😉 Cheers.

27. Derek says:

Congratulations, dude 🙂 .. just wait until they’re running around and climbing on everything 🙂

Hope you and the wife can get some sleep.

28. Bob says:

What’s even more amazing is that you can hold a baby and type at the same time.

29. Hey, two years ago I blogged about my first child Ciar&#225;n being born. Now I find myself with another son….

30. Hey, two years ago I blogged about my first child Ciarán being born. Now I find myself with another son.