It’s good to be an MSDN subscriber.
On August 6th, the first public release of Windows 7 will be available to MSDN Subscribers, which is over two months ahead of the general availability date of October 22nd for retail and OEM customers.
· All Windows 7 Client (x86 and x64) Retail and VL Editions – English only
· Language packs, WAIKs, WDKs, SDKs, and Symbols – in all available languages
If you are still using the Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) release, license expiration messages will begin appearing on Feb 14, 2010 and it will shutdown every 2 hours starting March 1, 2010.
Here are some useful Links
- Windows 7 and Browser Choice in Europe – Microsoft on the Issues
- Windows 7 Team Blog – Windows Team Blog
- When will you get Windows 7 RTM? - Windows Team Blog post announcing availability
- Engineering Windows 7 – Windows blogs on the engineering behind Windows 7
- Windows 7 TechCenter: Springboard Series – Microsoft TechNet site
- Windows Developer Center – MSDN site
- Windows 7 Upgrade Paths – Windows 7 Technical Library Roadmap topic
- Windows 7 Site – Windows 7 product site
- Installing Win7 using a USB Stick – TechNet Edge video from Dennis Chung