IE8 Beta 2 is available today for public download from http://www.microsoft.com/ie8 (for 32- and 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008. In addition to English, IE8 Beta 2 is available in Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), and German. Additional languages will be available soon.
While Beta 1 was for developers, we think that anyone who browses or works on the web will enjoy IE8 Beta 2. We focused our work around three themes:
- everyday browsing (the things that real people do all the time)
- safety (the term most people use for what we’ve called ‘trustworthy’ in previous posts)
- the platform (the focus of Beta 1, how developers around the world will build the next billion web pages and the next waves of great services).
For more information:
- visit the IE Blog
- on how to get your customers ready, visit the Partner Portal for steps to implement the required updates
- on how to update your site and your customer's sites by using the Internet Explorer 7 compatibility tag, visit the compatibility knowledge base article for step-by-step instructions