Although the economic news is looking a little brighter, we know it’s still tough out there…. to help Microsoft has put together Thrive – a website that’s all about helping developers survive the recession and manage their careers in this tough economy. Thrive pulls together a ton of great resources to help you learn new tasks faster, get access to discounted training, and certification and connect you with your local community. Thrive has lots of interesting insights from members of our own developer community who are sharing their stories and advice about what they are doing to manage their career in the downturn.
- .NET Rocks “Development in a Downturn” podcast series – 10 part podcast series focusing on developers in the community sharing their stories of how they have handled the recession, what they have learned and advice they have to share to others based on their personal experiences
- Step by step resources to help devs ramp quickly on new tasks. Developers are being asked to take on more with fewer resources and limited training, these step by step scenarios help save time and money.
- “How to be a better Developer” series – everything from community MVP’s weighing in with their advice, to how to leverage social networks to benefit your career, to “Driving your Career Forward” , a 32 part screen cast series on how to develop key soft skills that can help you be more successful on the job.
- Job search functionality on thousands of development job openings across the country
- Industry resources and articles on how to land a job; including a 4 part webcast series on “Getting a Development Job in the Current Economy”
- Community Connection to find local developer events and user groups
Head over to http://microsoft.com/thrivedev to get some more more information about this great program!