Microsoft MVP Raymond Lewallen is coming to the North Dallas .NET User Group on Wednesday, September 10th at 6:00 PM to present an in-depth look at Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
BDD is driven by business value! The practices of BDD include:
- Driving development from the outside-in
- Using examples to describe the behavior of the application, or of units of code
- Automating those examples to provide quick feedback and regression testing
- Using ‘should’ to help drive out responsibility and allow the behavior to be questioned
- Using ‘ensure’ to differentiate between outcomes which are the responsibility of the code in question, and those caused by other elements of code as a side-effect
- Using mocks to stand-in for modules of code which have not yet been written
Meeting Date: Wednesday 9/10/2008
Meeting Time: 6:00 – 8:30pm
Meeting Location: Intuit Headquarters, Plano, TX.
Note that their normal meeting date has changed this month due to the Labor Day holiday. Typically, NDDNUG meets on the 1st Wednesday of the month