Head on down to MSDN and grab your copy of the latest p&p guidance: Smart Client Software Factory - May 2007 Release.
The Smart Client Software Factory provides an integrated set of guidance that assists architects and developers create composite smart client applications. These applications have one or more of the following characteristics:
- They have a rich user interface that takes advantage of the power of the Microsoft Windows desktop.
- They connect to multiple back-end systems to exchange data with them.
- They present information coming from multiple and diverse sources through an integrated user interface, so the data looks like it came from one back-end system.
- They take advantage of local storage and processing resources to enable operation during periods of no network connectivity or intermittent network connectivity.
- They are easily deployed and configured.
For more information, see the following links: