Almost a year ago I was working on a PoC to demonstrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011’s amazing new capabilities. One of the requirement of the PoC was to showcase drag-n-drop upload of documents. I wanted to deliver a quick PoC hence the code doesn’t handle all the scenarios, but it will give you a basic idea of how to provide such a feature on any of CRM Entity Forms. Also I have migrated the script to work with Dynamics CRM 2013.
- Simple to setup
- Handles basic validations
- Refreshes the Notes control after files are uploaded
- Tested with Dynamics CRM 2013(Will work with Dynamics CRM 2011 with minor changes in the script)
- Download the solution from here.
- Import the solution in your CRM Instance where you would want to enable this functionality
- Open the Entity form in From Designer Mode
- Insert a Web Resource and point it to the Main.htm file as shown below:
- Click on Ok. Save and Publish the Form.
- Navigate to form and you will see an area on the form as shown below(depending upon how and where you have placed the upload control this may vary):
- If there is any validation failing a message will appear under the drag and drop area.
For those who are interested in details this control can save you minimum 6 clicks. I am sure anyone from Telco/Contact Center background would know how less number of clicks means more revenue/or less investment. Please note that I do not take any responsibility whatsoever for the solution published. Use it at your own risk. On the other hand if you find any challenge implementing this solution, do leave me a comment and I will try to help.