"There was a problem retrieving data for this field. Updating values in this field is disabled temporarily. You can still update values in other fields."

While trying to update user profile of a user in SharePoint 2010 I got this error  “There was a problem retrieving data for this field. Updating values in this field is disabled temporarily. You can still update values in other fields.”.     The SharePoint farm was using cross-farm services. The “Managed Metadata Web Service” was shared between…

3

Newly created Custom Active Directory Attributes Missing From SharePoint 2010 User Properties

I created few new custom active directory attributes to my User Object. But this newly created attributes were not appearing in my “User Profile Properties” under “User Profile Service Application”. I tried to sync up my user profile using both “Start Incremental Synchronization/Start Full Synchronization”. But still it didnt appear. So, I did few steps after…


Prerequisites for creating sharepoint 2010 apps in Visual Studio Console Application

I wanted to test my sharepoint application using console application using VisualStudio 2010. I was able to add the reference to “Microsoft.SharePoint” dll. But while compling the code, the compiler was throwing error. To resolve this issuemake the followinf changes: 1) Select “.Net Framework 3.5” in the New Project Dialog Window while creating a new…