Single Label Domains
Because the use of SLDs is not a recommended practice, SharePoint products are not extensively tested in this scenario. Therefore, there may be incompatibilities when SharePoint products are implemented in an SLD environment: this includes single label domains or single label forests, in either the SharePoint server's domain or the SharePoint end user's domain. Although most features will work, it is known that the Profile Import feature will not work against an SLD.
SharePoint Server 2010 has the known following incompatibilities:
- Cannot import users from Active Directory containers that contain space in a single label domain.
- Configuring user profile import in a single label domain environment produces an error.
Affected Office SharePoint products include the following
- Office SharePoint Server 2010 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/getting-started-with-sharepoint-server-2010-HA010371435.aspx?CTT=3)
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/introduction-to-microsoft-office-sharepoint-server-2007-HA010173217.aspx?CTT=1)
- Office SharePoint Server 2003 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/technet/overview-of-sharepoint-portal-server-2003-HA001164862.aspx?CTT=1)