Welcome to the 49th edition of Community Convergence. The big excitment of late has been the recent release of the Visual Studio 2010 Beta. If you have downloaded it yet, you should waste no time in heading over to the product page and downloading the files. As usual for betas of this type, I would recommend running it inside a Virtual Machine, or on a machine that you can afford to entirely reformat.
I’ve also included a number of links to articles from team members, many of whom discuss C# 4.0 programming issues that are related to the Visual Studio 2010 beta. There has been a lot of excellent blogging activity lately, so go ahead and get started digging into this great information.
- Understanding Out of Memory Errors
- Fabulous Adventures In Russian
- Alas, Smith and Jones: Friend Assemblies
- Bug Psychology
- Algorithms in C#: shortest path around a polygon (polyline routing)
- yield return and Continuation-Passing Style
- Some resources about Visual Studio Extensibility
- Should Call Hierarchy display compiler-generated member calls?
- A simple sample for C# 4.0 ‘dynamic’ feature
- Luca talk about C# and VB Co-Evolution on Channel9 (and some F# …)
- LAgent : an agent framework in F# – Part I – Workers and ParallelWorkers
- LAgent : an agent framework in F# – Part II – Agents and control messages