The good folks who put together our gaming tools have released XNA Game Studio 3.0. They have a message they asked me to share with you: “XNA Game Studio 3.0 appeals to game developers of every level and now enables commercial community games to be written for Xbox LIVE. XNA Game Studio 3.0 supports C# 3.0 and Visual Studio 2008, giving developers more options than ever before, while continuing to provide easy-to-use, approachable tools for hobbyists, academics and indie game developers. XNA Game Studio 3.0 enables developers to produce
This looks promising, so I thought I would post this notice right away. You might also be interested in viewing this page where the following features of Game Studio 3.0 are spelled out:
- Visual Studio Integration: Support for C# 3.0, LINQ and most versions of Visual Studio 2008.
- Try Before You Buy: Allow your customers to try your game before they buy it.
- Invite Friends: Developers can allow players to invite friends to join their game.
- Even More New Features: Develop games that work on Windows, Xbox 360 and Zune.
- Also: 1-click installation of Windows games. Highly compressed distribution of games.