Visual Studio Service Pack 1 and .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 are now available for download. A new feature for C# developers called squiggles provides better error messages while you are typing your code. There are several important LINQ performance enhancements, including one that could yield a 30% speed increase in some common scenarios. There are also thousands of other bug fixes.
A general description of these releases is available here. It describes Visual Studio and .NET 3.5 changes such as:
- Improvements to the WPF designers, and core WPF performance.
- SQL 2008 support
- Entity Framework support.
A download page is available here, or you can just follow these links:
VS 2008 Service Pack 1:
- Executable: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=122094 (Direct Link)
- Iso: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=122095 (Direct Link)
VS 2008 Express Editions with Service Pack 1:
- Executable: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123679
- ISO: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123680
VS Team System 2008 Team Foundation SP 1:
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1: