A number of interesting sample applications have been released for C#, VB and C++ developers over the last few months. These include
- C# Sample code for building Peer 2 Peer applications on Vista
- A C# toolkit for developing Facebook applications
- C# interfaces for web services from Digg, YouTube, Amazon, Flickr and other popular sites
- C# WPF tools
- C++ Sample Games
Here are links to some of the most important of these toolkits:
- The Coding 4 Fun Developer Kit
- The Vista P2P ToolKit
- The Facebook Developer Kit
- The Game Creators: Dark GDK (C++ Only)
- Beginner Developer Learning Center
Below you can see a WPF application for Peer to Peer Network programming.
FIgure 2: An easy to build Peer to Peer application that allows you to chat, send file or share pictures over a network.
The Coding for Fun Developer Kit
This developer kit has code for controlling many powerful technologies that are built into Vista:
- Vista Contacts
- Vista Calendar
- Desktop Search
- Power Management
There are also a series of Web Services that you can use to interact with popular Internet destinations
- Yahoo Traffic
- Craig's List
Below you can see one of the sample applications that comes with the Coding 4 Fun Developer Kit. I entered in the string "LINQ", and the application retrieved related links to books about LINQ found on Amazon.com.
Figure 1: Clicking on the links in this demo application causes a browser to be launched that shows books on Amazon.com related to LINQ.
Vista Peer 2 Peer ToolKit
- Build Peer to Peer Applications using drag and drop WinForms and WPF controls.
- Build applications that stream video and music