Welcome to the fortieth issue of Community Convergence. This week we have two new releases of note:
- We have created a new regular post called Future Focus that is designed to keep the community aware of the C# Team’s long term plans for the language. The first Future Focus post covers a C# Language feature tentatively called Dynamic Lookup that is currently scheduled to be part of the next version of Visual Studio.
- Code Gallery, a new site for sharing sample code, is now live. Upload your own samples, find samples from other community members, or find samples written by developers at Microsoft.
From the C# Team
- Immutability in C# Part Nine: Academic? Plus my AVL tree implementation
- Immutability in C# Part 10: A double-ended queue
From the C# Community
- VS 2008 Web Deployment Project Support Released
- Jan 24th Links: ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, Visual Studio, .NET, IIS
- Cosmos, a C# Open Source Managed Operating System. (Add a template to Visual Studio for building Cosmos Applications.)
- Blocked threads and work schedulers (See Steve and PCP Below)
Downloads and other Resources
- Steve is now the PUM of the Parallel Computing Platform: I’m on PCP (and you can be too)