Welcome to the thirty-eighth Community Convergence. These posts are designed to keep you in touch with the activities of the C# team. We have a new blogger. Ed Maurer is the Compiler Dev Lead for the C# team. He’s going to be blogging about the compiler, and starts us off with a look at one of its new security features. We also have a sighting of Alex Turner, the new compiler PM. He is featured in a microspotting interview in which he describes how he got Anders to pay him $200. I should also mention that Luca Bolognese, our PM lead, has added several posts to his blog over the holidays. Finally, our own Anson Horton was instrumental in creating the Visual Studio add-on for World of Warcraft!
From the C# Team
- Creating an immutable value object in C# – Part III – Using a struct
- Creating an immutable value object in C# – Part IV – A class with a special value
- Bisection-based XIRR implementation in C#
- Immutability in C# Part Four: An Immutable Queue
- Immutability in C# Part Five: LOLZ!
- Immutability in C# Part Six: A Simple Binary Tree
- Immutability in C# Part Seven: More on Binary Trees
From the F# Team
- Luke has updated his amazing LINQ Raytracer: A fully LINQified RayTracer
From the C# Community
- New ASP.NET Dynamic Data Support
- December 16th Links: ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, ASP.NET MVC, VS, .NET, IIS7, WPF
- LINQ to SQL and ADO.NET
- Sharing “var” across the method
- LINQ to SQL : Execution Architecture
- The Comics
- MS Press Free E Book on LINQ
- MS Press Free E Book on Ajax
- MS Press Free E Book on Silverlight
- ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTP Preview Released
- Project Astoria December CTP is out!