Visual Studio 2008 is now available for download!
- MSDN subscribers can download it here.
- C# Express Edition is available here.
- Trial Versions are available here.
C# 3.0 Spec, VS 2008 ReadMe, Samples, Hands on Labs, Breaking Changes
The C# 3.0 specification has been available for some time, and we have updated some of the existing LINQ labs and added a new one on LINQ to SQL. Alex Turner and others have labored mightily to put together some very useful documents on the breaking changes between VS 2005 and VS 2008, and breaking changes between VS 2008 Beta 2 and the shipping version. The download page for the samples and related documentation is here, or you can just choose one of the links shown below:
- C# 3.0 Language Specification
- VS 2008 ReadMe
- LINQ and language samples for Visual Studio 2008
- LINQ Hands On Labs
- LINQ to SQL Hands on Lab
- C# 3.0 Language Enhancements Hands On Lab
- LINQ to SQL Beta 2 to RTM Breaking Changes
- Visual Basic and C# Breaking Changes from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2008
If you download the samples, on Vista and Windows 2003 Server you will get a warning when you unzip the files and try to open them in Visual Studio. The warning will say something like "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." You can safely ignore the warning. If you open the ReadMe.html file that comes with the samples in the Internet Explorer the links in that file will not work unless you open the properties dialog and choose to "unblock" the security warning.