There are several good new blogs from members of the Microsoft C# team. Nevertheless, the most important items in this edition of Community Convergence are Rico Mariani's series of articles on LINQ to SQL performance. I'll link to all five of them here since they generated so much discussion in the LINQ world:
- LINQ to SQL Performance Part 1
- LINQ to SQL Performance Part 2
- LINQ to SQL Performance Part 3
- LINQ to SQL Performance Part 4
- LINQ to SQL Performance Part 5
From the C# Team
- Luke Hoban, the C# Compiler Program Manager, has two important new posts:
- Jomo Fisher on C#
- Dinesh Kulkarni, the LINQ to SQL Program Manager, has two new posts:
- C# IDE Program Manager Karen Liu has taken material from her Tech Ed talk to create a list of Tips and Tricks for VS2005 and VS2008.
- Marcelo Guerra Hahn interviewed in Portuguese only.
- C# Lead Program Manager Luca Bolognese has tracked down a ten year retrospective on Eric Raymond's classic book "The Cathedral and the Bazaar."
Other Events in the C# World
- Read about an extension of LINQ to SQL called Seamless LINQ that provides deep support update, insert and delete statements.
- Steven R McCabe has written a tool that will analyze a SQL database and suggest improvements: www.SqlTac.com. SqlTac supports:
- .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2
- VS 2008 Orcas Beta 2
- Sandcastle – June 2007 CTP
- SQL Server 2008 CTP
- Mitsu has a new post on Many to Many relationships in LINQ to SQL.
- Scott Guthrie has many great new articles on his blog including these two
- Debugger Visualizer for LINQ to SharePoint.