While I met John over a decade ago as a .Net/ASP.net guru I recently learned at Ignite Australia he has shifted his attentions to SharePoint, PowerApps and Microsoft Flow where he did one of the best sessions on Flow and Azure Functions I had seen to date!
This week we were able to get John to deliver webinar on one of his favorite topics:
Flowing Binary. Advanced dive on how to manipulate non-text data with Microsoft Flow by John Liu
The community gave John a couple of challenges of how to use Microsoft Flow with binary files (like images) and he addressed these in spades!
John covered this in his amazing blog series:
- JSON cheatsheet for Microsoft Flow
- Nested-Flow / Reusable-Function cheatsheet for Microsoft Flow
- Building non-JSON webservices with Flow
- One Connection to Proxy Them All – Microsoft Flow with Azure Functions Proxies
- Building Binary output service with Cognitive Services and Microsoft Flow
In this webinar John will walk how to incorporate binary data with Microsoft Flow, best practices John found in his discovery and finish with frequently asked questions.
Workflow systems have been with us for a long time, allowing us to push numbers, text or even structured (XML/JSON) data around. Those types of data are important, but this session isn’t about those things.
This session is an advanced look at Microsoft Flow, laser focused on a special use case – Flow’s ability to move binary data. The session is loaded with practical examples of why we want to become very familiar with moving, converting, and transforming non-text data.
- We’ll look at how we can send various forms of data into various business systems via Flow
- Tricks about how to figure out what we are working with
- How to embed it into HTML and return PDF files
- Beyond text, beyond images to sound and movies
When: 2/13/2018 2PM PST (NOTE TIME CHANGE!!!)
About John Liu
John is a Senior Consultant based in Sydney for SharePoint Gurus (sharepointgurus.net). He specializes and blogs (johnliu.net) frequently on client-side scripting, custom development, workflows and Forms. Originally from a long technical background with .NET, he made the jump to focus and work with numerous SharePoint and Office projects for the last decade.
John loves to find ways to bring the latest web technologies to the Office world, to apply the latest web developments to extend business’ capabilities. In recent years, John is very much in love with serverless technology stack – Azure Functions, Microsoft Flow (Azure Logic Apps), API management and Function proxies. He thinks if we are paying more than $5 per month on Azure we are doing it wrong.
John is a frequent speaker at SharePoint Conference, SharePoint Saturday, Microsoft Ignite and Office 365 events around Australia, and helps organizing the Sydney SharePoint User Group (e.g. consuming all the pizza).
Almost everything about John Liu in bullet points form. Here we go!
- Assimilates almost any .NET related technology that he can get his hands on
- SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server
- WSS and MOSS
- InfoPath and Workflows (SPD & Nintex)
- Qdabra services
- SharePoint Client Object Model
- jQuery, KnockoutJS and TypeScript
- REST and ADO.NET data service
- Windows 8 Metro
- (WPF before that)
- ASP.NET, AJAX / MVC / Dynamic Data / Orchard
- Windows Phone 8, 7.5, 7, and an unhealthy dose of Windows Mobile 6.x
- WCF, RIA services