During the community webinars the most common question asked is:
Where do i find Power BI training?
The standard answer is the EDX class by Will Thompson: https://www.edx.org/course/analyzing-visualizing-data-power-bi-microsoft-dat207x-1. Unfortunately this isn’t an instructor led course, which is what most people want; so when Angel Abundez and and the folks at DesignMind mentioned they are offering a $150 instructor led class by two of the top BI folks in the Northern California, Angel himself and Eric Bragas it was definitely something we wanted to let people know about!
- Friday, July 22, 2016 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT) - Add to Calendar
- Patrick Hays Learning Center - 2700 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 2600, Sacramento, CA 95833 - View Map
How do you take advantage of Power BI community custom visuals? When should you choose to use a Power BI data model over a SSAS Tabular model? In this full day session, we'll be learning the answers to all of these questions and more through hands on exercises driven by industry experience.
Join Angel Abundez and Eric Bragas of DesignMind as we guide you through building a full Power BI implementation. We'll begin with the end in mind by first working with an existing Power BI model to explore the various visualizations get familiar with analyzing data using a well-built model. Then, we'll develop our own workbook from a variety of data sources using the functionality of Power BI Queries and DAX measures in your Data Model. So bring your laptop, grab a cup of coffee, and get ready to learn.
Visualize Data with Power BI Desktop
Build a Data Model with Power BI Desktop
Publish reports to the Power BI Service
Power BI Model or SSAS Tabular Model? Which do I choose?
Advanced Data Shaping
Build advanced visualizations with R
File management with OneDrive
Intermediate DAX Patterns
NOTE: Continental Breakfast, Coffee, Juice and Lunch is included in the Price of the event.
About the presenters:
VP, Business Intelligence
Angel specializes in Business Intelligence and DBA services. His expertise is in Microsoft SQL Server BI tools, SharePoint, and Tableau. He focuses on effective visualization, process-driven Data Modeling, ETL, and Data Mining. He’s an experienced ERP/MRP System Administrator with a proven track record in upgrading infrastructure and training domestic and international staff. He also has significant knowledge of Network Administration and Project Management. He speaks at SQL Server events throughout the U.S. and writes for SSWUG.org. Angel Abundez is a graduate of the University of Cal Poly, with a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
Eric is a motivated and resourceful Business Intelligence Developer at DesignMind specializing in SQL Server Data Warehouse design and development. Eric has a passion for Business Intelligence projects in industries ranging from government cancer research centers, to medical device manufacturing, and more. Eric, is highly engaged member of both the SQL Server and Business Intelligence communities in the Bay Area and Sacramento. As part of the DesignMind team Eric has:
- Designed and built from scratch, Enterprise Data Warehouses including ETL process implementations using the Microsoft BI stack; including SQL Server 2005 - 2014, SSIS 208 R2 - 2014, SSAS Tabular, and Master Data Services.
- Implemented data visualization and statistical analysis tools such as Tableau, Power BI v1 - v2, and SSRS
- Leveraged both cloud infrastructure and open-source software to implement a low cost data processing and analysis system for start up companies looking to deliver maximum value to their clients at minimal cost; using tools like PostgreSQL, PostGIS, and Linux.
- Provided data processing guidance and SQL Server performance tuning services for clients looking to both grow their data infrastructure and maximize value from existing resources.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org