As I indicated in an earlier post my goal is to display DCS information on my CP170 chartplotter.
Well I got it working this weekend and since I couldn’t find much information about this on the web thought I would post what it looks like and how does it work.
- Have a friend or back up radio send a position report or request to an NMSI # of the radio you have your Chartplotter connected with
- Receive that message on the radio connected to the chart plotter (see image)
- Automatically your Chartplotter should display the request and ask if you want to see on chart
- Displaying the request gives you three options: goto vessel, go back your previous screen and or view the screen the hailing vessel is at
- The CP170 also creates a Waypoint with the name of the Vessel in the NMSI directory (hard to see as there are couple of on top of each other)
- During this whole time I am also viewing ships on the NX40 using AIS (Still bummed I can not display DSC information on the Simrad!) Notice the different type of ships appear in different colors!
7. Selecting one of the ships I see information about it…..