After a release one of the most commonly pieces of information we receive requests for is simply: “How do I get started?”. While we don’t have a ton of new content – yet- we definitely have enough to get you going and keep you busy for a while.
-And While everybody loves a good Easter Egg hunt I thought I would pull together some of these resources available to you:
- Watch the Visual Studio 2010 Launch Live
- How Do I: Step with The Debugger in Visual Studio?
- How Do I: Generate and Interact with UML Sequence Diagrams?
- How Do I: Get Started with Coded UI tests?
- How Do I: Get Started with Database Unit Test?
- How Do I: Use Generate from Usage in Visual Studio 2010?
- 10-4 Episode 41: Downloading and Installing the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate
- 10-4 Episode 34: Debugger Enhancements and Improvements
- Episode 28: An Introduction to the Historical Debugger (now called Intellitrace)
- Authoring and Running Manual Tests using Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Branching and Merging Visualization with Team Foundation Server 2010
- Code Discovery using the Architecture Tools in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Debugging with IntelliTrace using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Introduction to Coded UI Tests with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Introduction to Test Case Management with Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Planning your Projects with Team Foundation Server 2010
- Understanding Class Coupling with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Using the Architecture Explorer in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate to Analyze Your Code
My best advice for running these labs is to check out Brian’s blog at: http://blogs.msdn.com/briankel/archive/2010/03/18/now-available-visual-studio-2010-release-candidate-virtual-machines-with-sample-data-and-hands-on-labs.aspx
These labs can be found in the three VS2010 Virtual machines:
Also coming soon there will be an ALM course on Channel9 https://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/VS2010/ALM/
- Debugging Applications with IntelliTrace
- Better Coding with Visual Studio 2010
- Add a Security Bug Bar to Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010
- Team Foundation Installation Guide for Visual Studio 2010
- Lab Management supplement for TFS RC to RTM Upgrade Guide.
- Compare the Visual Studio 2010 Versions
- Visual Studio 2010 Licensing White Paper
- The ALM Documentation
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 Service Pack 1 Forward Compatibility Update for Team Foundation Server 2010
- Team Foundation Server Power Tools 2010 Release Candidate
- Visual Studio 2010 Test Case Import Utilities
- Getting started with Silverlight 4
- Windows Phone 7 Development
- Lab Management VM Prep Tool